If you’re a business owner or marketer looking for ways to increase your company’s online visibility, here are some facts about social media marketing that could change the way you think about these platforms and their potential to reach your consumer.
Facts about social media marketing
There are a lot of statistics to fill in all the details of social media, but many of them are – honestly – boring.
So why not make it a little easier?
Need to optimize your social media strategy and you need a few numbers to accomplish.
Social media usage statistics
1. We like to share the love. The average internet user has 8.6 social media accounts.
2. The number of social network users has skyrocketed, with 72% of adults using at least one social network.
3. Young adults were the first to adopt social media platforms. However, the use of older adults continues to increase in recent years, with more 50-64-year-olds using Facebook than 18-29-year-olds.
4. Do you need proof that we are a visual species? Today, more than 3.2 billion photos and 720,000 hours of video are shared daily on social media.
5. 59% of WhatsApp users and 53% of Facebook users in the United States post content to their accounts.
6. We spend an average of 145 minutes a day on social media around the world.
Social media marketing statistics
1. As of the third quarter of 2020, 10 million brands are advertising on Facebook. This is a significant increase from 7 million advertisers in the first quarter of the previous year.
2. And it makes sense, given that 73% of marketers believe that their social media marketing efforts have been “somewhat effective” or “very effective” for their business.
3. This includes B2B marketers who ranked second on social media success (29%) after paid search (33%) for producing content marketing results.
4. Social media advertising spending in the United States was $ 40.3 billion in 2020.
5. According to a report from Dentsu, boosted by an 18% increase in social media, it is estimated that overall spending on digital ads will increase by 10.1% per year.
The excellent Facebook opening rate you need to know about.
1. Facebook Messenger companies exchange more than 20 billion messages with consumers per month.
2. Facebook users spend 34 minutes a day checking their feeds, responding to notifications, and replying to messages.
3. 49% of Facebook users connect to the network several times a day.
4. But that’s not all: 41% of American social media users use Facebook to share captivating content, while 25% like to post a company.
5. No wonder there are over 10 million advertisers on the platform.
6. Of the ad clicks generated by these advertisers, over 18% of US adults complete a purchase.
Remarkable facts about Instagram that we thought you never know about
1. Instagram reports that 50% of users are more interested in a brand when they see ads for it on Instagram.
2. There are over 200 million Instagram business accounts. From medium-sized companies such as Fashion Nova (20 million followers) to large corporations such as Nike (90 million followers), it is the perfect social platform for visibility and engagement.
3. There are over 2 billion monthly active users on Instagram.
4. Companies use Instagram Stories or influencer marketing with about 500,000 active influencers who are only on Instagram.
5. Instagram users spend 30 minutes every day on Instagram. And for anything
Social media is constantly changing and remains extremely important to your digital marketing strategy.
The first step is to familiarize yourself with these facts on social media and some of the successful techniques that have been used.
However, there is much more to creating a successful digital marketing plan.
For example, you may need to understand the different strengths and weaknesses of each platform or the best approaches to use.
It is not enough to appear. Need to understand the rules of the game and know how to stand out from the competition.
What you do with this information is entirely up to you, but we know we’ll see some pretty impressive results.